Change has come to Uptown Hamel! Roads have been rebuilt to accommodate increased traffic, new streetlights have been installed and the sidewalks have been upgraded to invite pedestrians to spend time in the area.
Uptown Hamel offers a great opportunity for new businesses. Attractive retail spaces are available, and the new businesses immediately to our north are attracting thousands of new shoppers who will enjoy a visit to Uptown Hamel’s small-town charm and sense of community.
If you are thinking about starting your own businesses or moving it to a more retail friendly environment, please come to the next Uptown Hamel Business Association meeting. It will give you a chance to get to know other business owners in town and the future plans for the area. We meet the third Tuesday of every month at 12 p.m. in a different location in Hamel. Contact Rick Traut at (763) 478-6611 or e-mail email@example.com to find out where the next meeting will be held.
Uptown Hamel, Inc. is a group of businesses and individuals organized to engage in non-partisan, non-sectarian and non-profit activities, the purposes of which are:
1. Promote the civic interests of the Hamel area of Medina, Minnesota.
2. Work effectively with the city of Medina to maintain current businesses and attract new businesses through the enactment of ordinances and other regulatory instruments and the provision of infrastructure favorable to businesses in the Uptown Hamel area.
3. Adopt positions that promote Uptown Hamel as a good place to live, shop and do business.
4. Work with other groups and businesses to attract new businesses and residents.
5. Establish positive, effective relationships with area churches, school districts, community centers, multifamily residences and civic organizations.
6. Promote civic events, activities and projects of Uptown Hamel.
7. Preserve and document the history of Uptown Hamel.